Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Grocery List


The end result of our shopping trip was I felt unsure if I could afford everything I had in my grocery cart. To limit the embarrassment in case I had to much food and had to pick and chose what stayed behind and what was going to be purchased I used self checkout. The end result was I had to leave the hamburger behind. We had no meat to eat over the next few days, The chicken was its usual low price and scales in the produce section were not very accurate so the apples cost far more than I had estimated. Some tough choices had to be made at the grocery store that left me feeling like I was not providing for my family.

While the feeling of not providing everything my family needed stayed with me. I tried to over compensate that feeling with the fact I can cook and we will get by.
The grocery list was very short. It required many
their income from two jobs

The Grocery list;
To make the most of my $30.00 budget I had to travel to two stores, the first store was important because they have bulk foods. This allowed me to maximize my dollars by purchasing ingredients in the portions I needed to use for the following three days.
My bulk list was 2.5 cups quick oats, ½ cup brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar, ½ cup raisins. Everything else on my list was going to be purchased at the regular grocery store.

My regular grocery store list was 7 small gala apples, 3 small green apples, green leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce, 3 bulk carrots, celery bunch, 1 cucumber, 3 tomatoes, 1 red onion, 2 cup bag of store brand shredded Mexican mix cheese, 1 block unsalted butter, 1 gallon 1% milk, 1lb of manager special ground pork, 1lb box spaghetti, 5lbs of potatoes and vegetable oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment