Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Almond Butter

Almonds have been on sale where I live. I decided to make a batch of almond butter for fun. I spread the bag of almonds $3.99 on a baking sheet and roasted them at 350F until the aroma filled the room. Remove from the baking sheet and place in a food processor with 1/4 cup of peanut oil or any other oil you hav lying around the house. Add 1/4 cup of sweetner and puree in your food processor for approximately 5 minutes. You may have to add more oil and push the nuts back into the mixing bowl. when done transfer to a plastic container and stick in the fridge to cool.

The almond butter will firm up when it has cooled. Sometimes you will have to stir it to blend the oils that may have seperated.  I like mine on an english muffin.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea for a healthy form of protein. I have often made my own peanut butter when I find a good deal on bulk peanuts and have recently thought of doing the same thing with almonds. However, I would not have thought of roasting them 1st. Is this necessary or can almond butter be made with raw almonds? We love almond butter with apple and cheese slices, so I will be trying this recipe soon! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete