Sunday, February 20, 2011

Home Made Mayonnaise For Deviled Eggs

You can get a free copy of our book "The Scratch" by sending an email to rickjhenderson@hotmail.com I won't share your email with anybody. The Scratch is about making three great meals to feed your family for under $17

I had some friends come over for dinner this weekend. One of the appetizers I was going to make was deviled eggs. I had already hard boiled and peeled the eggs before I realized I did not have any Mayo.
I grabbed two eggs seperated the yolks from the whites, added some (1 tbsp)dijon, (pinch)salt and pepper and whisked together for 10 seconds. I put a wet cloth on the counter and placed the bowl on top of the cloth so the bowl did not spin when the mayo thickened. Then I began to slowly add (1 cup) olive oil while whisking. once the mayo was thick and shiny I added a little bit of lemon juice and whisked again for 5 seconds.

I added a spoon full for my home made mayo to hard boiled egg yolks mixed with a fork and stuffed the hard boiled egg whites and sprinked a little paprika on each.

I am glad I ate an egg first as there were no leftovers to try later.

Total cost was $2.69 for 16 half deviled eggs with almost a whole cup of tasty Mayo leftover.

No comments:

Post a Comment