Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Turkey Chipotle Black Bean Soup

Sometimes I think the slow cooker is the greatest kitchen tool in the world. Today I was looking through my cabinets to do an inventory on shopping day.  All of a sudden it hit me. I can use up some left overs and just throw it all in the slow cooker. I grabbed a frozen slab of broth and put it in the cooker. Behind the slap was some turkey from Christmas. It also went in . I grabbed all the left over veggies, celery, onion, garlic and put them into the cooker. I added a touch of salt.

I had used all the left over vegetables sitting in my veggie bowl. In the cabinets I found some black bean, about 2/3rds of a cup. I boiled rinsed and added them plus a chipotle cube. I took the dog for a walk and when I came back inside the house smelled amazing. i grabbed a bag of frozen corn and put 2/3 cup of corn in the cooker.

We will eat great tonight.

You can get a free copy of our book "The Scratch" by sending an email to rickjhenderson@hotmail.com I won't share your email with anybody. The Scratch is about making three great meals to feed your family for under $17

No comments:

Post a Comment