Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Soft Cheese Easy to Make at Home

You can get your free copy of my mini book "The Scratch" It is three great  meals you can make your family.
Simply send me an email and I will reply back with a PDF. I am doing this manually and I promise not to share your email adddress
rickjhenderson@hotmail.com

Soft Cheese the home made way

Living on a budget of $100 a week to feed a family of four is never easy. This task becomes really hard when you try to eat high quality food. One way we are able to keep the high quality is to make soft cheese. Our family loves to eat cheese and the soft cheese we find in our deli section of our grocery store would easily wipe out our budget.

Our Greek style soft cheese has become a favorite which is great because it is very easy to make.
You will need the following ingredients;
1 Whisk
1 Large bowl
1 Container of Greek Yogurt
Cheese cloth
Plastic container



The first thing is to empty the yogurt container into your bowl and whisk for about ½ a minute.
Spread the cheese cloth over the plastic container and slowly pour the yogurt onto the cheese cloth.
Grab the corners of the cloth and lift so the yogurt forms a ball and tie the top with string or twist ties.


Let this ball of yogurt hang over the kitchen sink for 12 hours (I like to make mine before bedtime and wake up in the morning with my fresh cheese)

Carefully peel back the cheese cloth and there is your creamy tangy soft cheese ready to eat.



2 comments:

  1. Loved this idea. I have friends who make their own Greek yogurt each night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks A.B. My guests are amazed at how good it tastes when they try it!

    ReplyDelete