Monday, March 28, 2011

Chicken Roasted Two Different Ways

Roast chicken,
Roast chicken can save w grocery budget when you are trying to feed a family. As a follow up to my last entry. The grocery store had a sale on chicken that was so great I could not refuse to purchase some.

I picked up three chickens for a great deal. I put one in the freezer for future use and cooked the other two at the same time in my giant roaster.

To roast the chicken I decided to do two different styles;
The first chicken was very simple, was pat dry with paper towel and run with olive oil.
The second chicken I made a by combining equal parts 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning. I added ½ tablespoons of oregano and chili powder for some kick and finally 2 tablespoons of brown sugar for sweetness. I found the best way to mix spices is to use your hands.
I repeated the process of washing the chicken in cold water and patting dry with paper towel. I finished the second chicken by rubbing by hand my spice rub all over the chicken.

Here is a picture of the cooked chicken.

The meat has been used for chicken salads, sandwich meat, stir frys, and as part of roast chicken dinner. The bones will go into the slow cooker later for amazing chicken broth / soup

2 comments: