Friday, March 4, 2011

I love finding a roast on Sale!

I found a chuck roast on Sale, the manager had just finished marking down with extreme discount. Normally I would not buy a roast of chuck but I have a slow cooker and was confident it would make the meat tender.

I loaded the bottom of my cooker with the usual carrots onions celery and added a little oregano. Turned it on low and forgot about it until dinner time. As per usual the roast was tender, it broke into three pieces as I lifted it out of the cooker.

The roast has been eaten but it was the star of a couple meals;

Dinner was roast beef with garlic mashed potatoes and veggies.
Breakfast was shredded roast beef and egg sandwich.
Lunch was shredded roast beef and lettuce sandwich.

This weekend will be a bbq chicken weekend!

Thanks to everybody who has requested our free copy of "The Scratch"
If you have not requested your copy send us an email at rickjhenderson@hotmail.com

Privacy Statement
We will not share your email with anybody

No comments:

Post a Comment