Monday, March 7, 2011

Oatmeal and BBQ Week!

The Sun is out and things are startitng to warm up.

Last night I found a great deal on bulk quick oats from my local grocery store. I also purchase a little bit of walnuts, brown sugar and raisins. Oatmeal is so inexpensive at $0.99 a pound. It may take me a couple months to use up the $2.75 worth of quick oats in my home.

The plan is to use quick oats in everything. For breakfast I will substitute 1/3 cup of flour for oats in pancakes and waffles. We will also eat it with brown sugar, nuts, maple syrup or raisins.

I want to get outdoors and bbq everyday but that might be tough. I will add quick oats to polenta and bbq it as a side meal. I will grind it and mix with flour for a coat while baking chicken.

My pizza dough will be altered by substituting 1/3 cup of quick oats to flour dough.

One thing we know for sure, the meals will be hearty, tasty and healthy.

Thanks to everybody who has requested our free copy of "The Scratch"
If you have not requested your copy send us an email at rickjhenderson@hotmail.com

Privacy Statement
We will not share your email with anybody

No comments:

Post a Comment