Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mayonnaise You Can Make During T.V. Commercials

You can get a Free copy of our book "The Scratch" by sending an email to rickjhenderson@hotmail.com I won't share your email with anybody. The Scratch is about making three great meals to feed your family.

If there is one thing I like better than getting a great deal at the grocery store it is making food during T.V. Commercials. Mayonnaise is one of those foods you can make during commercials rather than watching the commercial (exception would be Superbowl ).

This recipe requires the following ingredients
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
salt and pepper
1 cup of oil
1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar
Wet dish cloth

The first thing I do is set up all my ingredients on the counter before my show starts.

During the first set of commercials I separate the egg yolks froom the whites and put the whites in another container to for later. since this does not have to be perfect I squeeze the dijon into the bowl until it is the same size as one egg yolk, add a little salt and pepper.Back to watching my show.

Next commercial whisk everything then slowly begin to add my cup of oil while whisking. When all the oil is mixed in begin whisking extra hard for 30 seconds.

At this point you are almost done but if your show is a good one wait until the next set of T.V. commercials  to whisk in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice add a little salt or pepper to taste.

Now you have 1 cup of inexpensive home made mayonnaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment