Wednesday, January 5, 2011

How to Finance Your Meal Plan

The first thing I do is go to the bank and take $100  cash (do not use debit/credit cards) out and put it in my pasta sauce jar that I have cleaned and labeled groceries with "Wednesday" on it. Wednesday is funding day and the start of a new week. I also have a smaller "Salsa" jar that I have cleaned and labeled "Savings". Every Tuesday night I take the left over cash from groceries and put it into savings before I fund the following week with another $100.

Never bring your whole budget with you when you shop for food. My first shopping day usually requires me to bring about $40 - $50.

Only buy Groceries with your cash if you have more that just food, seperate the items and pay from other sources. Put the receipt in the Grocery jar so the total cash and receipts equal $100 every Tuesday night.

Just because your jar has been replenished with more cash does not mean you need to go shopping. Wait until most of your food is consumed.

No comments:

Post a Comment