Friday, January 21, 2011

No more food Please

We have been eating the same foods for a couple weeks now. This morning we had pancakes and over easy eggs. Right now my food supplies are getting very low. I have been using leftovers for the last couple days. Running out of food kinda has me excited and nervous. In my feed a family of four for a $100 a week meal plan requires me to use the same ingredients throughout a variety of meals. Running out of food simply means I will be free to change the primary ingredients.
This change will allow us to focus on a new menu. My options are unlimited as I can cook just about anything.
I will head to the store today with 60% of my budget.My stomach tells me Italian and BBQ will enter the food chain.

2 comments:

  1. I am delighted to have found your blog via ezine articles and their feed re food and drink!

    You may be interested to take a peek at the blog I created to help those using public assistance for their food budgets. It is called Food Stamps Cooking Club and the URL is http://foodstampscookingclub.com/blog. You and I seem to be very much on the same wave length.

    Like most bloggers, I live and die for comments-grin-so I'd be very pleased to have you put YOUR thumbprint there, should you cruise that way.

    Good luck with your project. Feeding a family on a slender budget is NOT for the faint of heart!

    Cheers!
    Mother Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Connie! I went to your page and found a recipe that I have been looking for over the past few weeks.
    I will be checking your page more often!

    ReplyDelete