Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Weekend

The weekend is an anything goes when it comes to meals.
I had done some baking a little while back. i used bisquick to make a dough that I lined in a 12unit muffin tin.
The filling I used was beaten eggs with chopped ham and peper jack cheese. first I baked the crust until lightly golden brown. Let cool then added my egg mixture and baked again. Once they had cooled I put them into a freezer bag.

Sunday morning we popped them into the microwave and feasted on them.

Lunch was macaroni and cheese, not from a box
Dinner was hamburgers again with a corn tortilla soup.
I baked some frozen kernals of corn in my toaster oven, while they were baking I put a little oil in a pot added some chopped onion  garlic and annato seeds. Added the baked corn the left over chicken broth from earlier in the week with a little water. I peeled and diced up two potatoes added them with the old corn tortillas that I had dried out earlier in the week. Brought this all to a boil and then let simmer for 10 minutes.
Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment