Monday, January 10, 2011

January 8th Lunch Pasta and Meatball

We love to eat pasta in our family, some days I make it from scratch other days like today it comes out of a box. I use Tyler Florence recipe from one of his shows. I soak a couple pieces of bread in milk for approximately 10 minutes. Squeeze the milk out and drain. Add the 1/2 pork and 1/2 hamburger, this is usually 1LB packages. mix it all together and makes 8 loarge meat balls. Don't forget to stick your finger right through the middle of the meat ball so it can cook all the way through.

I cook the meat balls by browning them on the outside.  I foolow this by adding the sauce and continue to cook on low heat if I use non-stick or in the oven at 350 if I use a heavy duty pan. I cook the pasta in a pot of water and give everybody a plate with 1 large meat ball.
the other 4 meatballs I freeze for another meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment