Thursday, January 20, 2011

January 19 Dinner Pepperoni Lasagna

I went for the gusto last night, Pepperoni lasagna, I looked in my kitchen cabinets and fridge for ingredients. I found some pepperoni left over from pizza night and the remainder of a jar of pasta sauce that I had used on the pizza a couple nights earlier. There was also a little Parmesan cheese 1/8 of a regular sized jar.
I went to the store and picked up:
1 pound of sausage
1 container of Riccotta
1 bag of Mozza cheese (2 cups)

I broke out my pasta maker that I received for Xmas and made the pasta dough. I assembled the lasagna just like you would any other kind of lasagna and baked it.
Total cost for me was $6.77 for a 2.5LBS meal. I did notice the grocery store had a 5LBS lasagna for $11.78 which is actually cheaper than mine but I think mine would taste much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment