Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 6th Breakfast

My kids love pancakes, They could eat them every day if I let them. I make them from scratch with my large electric skillet which cooks 8 at a time. Total cost is about $2
2 eggs beaten
11/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons oil mix all together.
11/4 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder pinch of salt
Mix all ingredients together with whisk
Pour 8 pancakes on hot greased skillet

When cooked, remove and keep warm (usually right under skillet) big pat of butter add 4 slices of your favorite ham and eggs)
Serve
Sometimes I make my own syrup
1.5 cups water bring to boil add sliced banana and cook for 3-4 minutes remove banana pieces and add 1 cup sugar without stirring and a little vanilla. cook for 3 minutes or until almost starts to turn brown. turn off heat transfer to measuring glass for easy pouring! Try it with your kids favourite fruit they will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment