Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mediterranean Diet Day 1

Went to the gorcery store and bought some food for the beginning of our Mediterranean Diet. I will put my list on at the bottom.

The first thing we did last night was make some bruschetta with tomatoes, green onions garlic, and feta. I love this stuff it is so tasty. Later in the evening we had some mixed nuts with raisins. It turned out to be an awesome snack that kept the stomach happy until morning. I took the same nut mixture and added it to oatmeal for a fantastic breakfast. I just finished having a chicken stuffed pita.  I kept it simple, lettuce, olives, basil pesto, and Parmesan chicken that I had left over from a couple nights ago.

tonight I will be using the Pesto to marinate some chicken before I bbq it. Foccacia bread with olive oil basalmic dipping sauce with some rice should make for a nice hearty meal.

My grocery list was the following:

1 jar of artichokes, green onion, 2 loaves of wheat bread, 2 packages of pita bread, walnuts,almonds, pine nuts, spaghetti, green beans, tomatoes, potatoes, french bread, fresh basil, ground tumeric.
My total came to $39.51

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your blog! I am doing a similar thing, except I am only using $20 a week for food (I mostly just cook for myself and cook for friends once or twice a week).

    I'm going to keep coming to your site for ideas. If you'd like to check mine out, it's www.poorgirlrichfood.com

    ReplyDelete