Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 5th Dinner Soup & Pizza

I always have broth from my slow cooker sitting in the fridge. I simply put it in the slow cooker in the morning on low. When I get home I turn it to high. Grab a bowl and scramble three eggs and add 1 cup of parmesian cheese and mix well. Add this to the soup, stir gently turn off slow cooker and let sit for 5 minutes. Soup is ready to serve.

It is amazing how cheap pizza is to make. You have to learn how to make pizza dough which really is not that hard here is the recipe.
1 cup warm water, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of yeast. I normally add 1/4 cup of flour to the wet mixture and wait 5 minutes. Then I add the remaining flour 1 cup at a time until I get a nice sticky but firm ball of dough. Knead it for 3 minutes on a floured surface and roll out onto baking sheet aand let rest for 10 minutes.
Next I spread pasta sauce that I saved from Pasta night all over the dough. Add my 6 chopped ham slices, cover with store brand shredded cheese and finally put any other topping I might like or find in the fridge. Bake in oven at 450F until golden brown. take out of oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
Truly a fantastic dinner. If you want to slurge a $3 Cabernet Sauvignon goes very well with the soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment